Uncle Val’s Botanical Gin
This is a favorite of almost every bartender in the place and what the owner has his Martini made from most often.
We’ve included info from their marketing materials below but John Peet probably expresses best what we all we love about this libation,
A great bar regular of ours recently got me a bottle and I took it on a camping trip and drank it around a fire with 3 of my favorite people in the world. That gin will always have a place in my heart, they are a newcomer in the game I believe that bottle was from their 11th batch. It has a taste that can go perfectly with a relaxing evening like that one.
It is smooth with a sweet meyer lemon taste.
It is an awesome combination of refreshment and juniper that was perfect for a summer night.
From their web site…
Uncle Val’s is a small-batch botanical gin
inspired by Zio Valerio’s love of gardening
and native tuscan cuisine.
The botanicals are not only Uncle Val’s
favorite cooking ingredients,
but also happen to make an
exceptionally unique and smoothly delicious gin.
- JUNIPER: the quintessential gin ingredient, juniper adds a dash of that distinctive “gin” taste to Uncle Val’s.
- CUCUMBER: adds a cooling effect to the taste, along with subtle freshness cues.
- LEMON: the citrus zing provides balance amongst the botanicals, along with the added benefit of crispness.
- SAGE: derived from the phrase “to be saved,” sage has been held in high regard throughout history both for it’s culinary and medicinal properties. Helps make you feel more alert, calm and contented, with the effects lasting.
- LAVENDER: historically used for its calming effect, it reduces stress, aids in sleep.