Elegant and beautiful just like the local botanical gardens which lend this sparkling beauty it’s name.
Check out Descanso Gardens here. It’s a lovely way to spend the day.
Billy Ray / Mark Grubb – Flintridge Proper
In a cocktail shaker…
- 3 Rose petals
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 oz. Elderflower Syrup (see below)
- 1 1/2 oz. Hendricks Gin
Shake lightly with big ice cubes.
Strain into a Flute. Top with Champagne. Garnish with a Rose Petal.
* For Elderflower Syrup:
- Weigh out 1000g water and add 20g dried elderflower.
- Place on stove and heat until boiling.
- Remove from stove immediately and let cool.
- Once cool, fine strain out the elderflower.
- Add 1000g brown sugar and mix until dissolved. Lasts 1 month.